[App_rpt-users] shortcut to change hostname

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Aug 27 01:54:28 UTC 2015

Neil,

 I assume you want to change the hostname. The proper way to do that in Archlinux is:

hostnamectl set-hostname myhostname

Replace myhostname with the name you want it to be.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

From: k8it at cac.net
To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:14:14 -0400
Subject: [App_rpt-users] shortcut to change hostname

I had made a typo when initializing a RPI2 and used nano
to edit /etc/hostname  and I fixed my typo .
it worked until I rebooted and my typo
returned.
how do I make it perminate? /etc/hostname file still has
the correct name in it.

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node