[App_rpt-users] DIAL manual install from Debian

Shamim Shahriar shamim.shahriar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:08:19 UTC 2015

On 13/12/2015 18:49, Skyler F wrote:
> Does anybody have or know where there are scripts to install AllStar
> from Debian.
>
> For a setup for a repeater site  am using a server computer with two
> hard drives in a RAID1 configuration so if one is to fail on this 10
> year old machine, it will still work.
>
> I was not able to get DIAL installed but was able to get Debian to work.
>
> Thanks
> Skyler
> KD0WHB

Hi Skyler, this might not be an ideal solution, and you might have
already tried it. In cases like this , I have always found that that
installing the system on a known working system, later DD-ing the disc
image and booting into single user mode and fixing things so that
reflects the new hardware can also be an option. If the kernel versions
are the same, you might even be able to just copy over the kernel
modules required to have the raid working or other issues resolved. Have
you considered this option?

Hope this helps
All the best.