[App_rpt-users] Repeater reporting time every few minutes

kk6ecm kk6ecm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 05:39:58 UTC 2015

It's coming from our node because it has our custom voice. Our
startup_macro=*81 ... status,2 ... which is what we were hearing. It finally
stopped just as quick as it started, but lasted awhile.

One of the folks listening thought it sounded like someone was kerchunking
the repeater just before the status,2 message, and there was a guy trying to
connect via Echolink to us from his cell phone for awhile... don't know if
that was it.

Earlier in the evening the audio sounded terribly (choppy), which we've
heard before, and a warm boot seems to correct. Seems to happen about once
per month. We were having USB error issues that caused the system to crash.
At someone's suggestion, we replaced the URI on the offending node(server
has two nodes), and that problem seems to have gone away.

The repeater seems happy at the moment. We had a net this evening, and
everyone was crystal clear, except for the intermittent status,2.

Thanks,
r/Bob
kk6ecm