[App_rpt-users] ECHO Echo echo ...

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:47:10 UTC 2015

On 02/02/2015 08:33 AM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> My first guess is that it’s an intermittent RF problem. Sounds like the transmitter is getting into the receiver. That would have a echo due to the short audio delay in the app_rpt repeat path.

That was my first guess too, Tim.  That would be why I took everything
apart, checked connections, connectors, etc... made sure it was all
tight, etc... then put it all back together, fired it back up and things
were good ... for a while, then it started again, this morning  :-/

Apparently it didn't have an issue, last night.
This morning, when it reared it's ugly head again, I disconnected the
vhf simplex node from the uhf repeater node, connected the both of 'em
to my buddy across town, and ... no echo.  Strange, but ok.
Disconnected from him, and reconnected the vhf simplelx node back to the
local uhf repeater node and now.. no echo.

head scratching, for sure.