[App_rpt-users] best board/embedded computer for home node?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Feb 3 19:26:21 UTC 2015

James,

 There are numerous new and impressive boards coming out and undoubtedly there will be many more in the future. The problem is getting everything setup on a new board is not a quick process. Also every new board is not going to be winner. The BeagleBone Black is mature and proven at this point. It works extremely well and the investment is not that much - $40 - so even if a package is proven on a better board in the future it is not a big deal to move up.

The BBB system is extremely easy to bring up initially. If you have all your data together you can have a node online in 10 minutes or less. See hamvoip.org for the image and info.

We are looking and working on possible new boards but with a base of hundreds of BBB's out there (and growing) it will continue to be upgraded for the foreseeable future.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio