[App_rpt-users] Raspberry pi status

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Feb 4 16:55:37 UTC 2015

Skyler,

 The quick answer is no, at least for the model B.  The new model 2 looks more promising but I am told it still has the same Ethernet tacked to USB which is very inefficient. It also is not yet available in any quantity and any new board requires a great deal of work to get it to a production Allstar system.

The Beaglebone Black works exceptionally well and is a proven design. Granted there are some things we would like to see improved, like a faster processor and more USB ports but neither are stopping it from working at this point. If you need more USB ports use a good hub. More RAM has not been a factor since Allstar runs quite nicely in 512K.

As I mentioned before we are looking at new boards but I suspect the BBB will be supported for some time to come so it is still a good choice.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio