[App_rpt-users] Raspberry Pi B+

k2dls at arrl.net k2dls at arrl.net
Fri Feb 6 21:46:11 UTC 2015

After reading some time ago on this list that running Allstar on a Rasp Pi
was not recommended, I nonetheless tried to get it running on the B+.  I
have been running a simplex node (29577) on a B+ for some months now without
any apparent audio issues.

It works to my satisfaction.  Since there is no "turnkey" solution for this
platform, I had to compile from the SVN code.  I ended up using Arch Linux
as the OS at the suggestion of Anthony VK2ACP.  Anthony and I also traded
numerous emails to smooth out the bumps in getting this build running.
Anthony is now planning to make use of what was learned and hopes to build a
turnkey image for the Raspberry Pi.

I will at some point hopefully write up what I learned and make it available
for others who want to go through this exercise.  I probably wouldn't have
done it unless I had a couple of Rasp Pi B+ boards around.  Until someone
(perhaps Anthony) decides to put in the work and create a turnkey image, I
don't recommend this for anyone who is not an experienced Linux hacker.

There are easier ways (such as the BBB).

My .02.

73, Dan K2DLS