[App_rpt-users] denying inbound calls

Elden Fenison w7ldn at w7ldn.com
Fri Feb 13 00:37:09 UTC 2015

I have a little node in my garage that runs on a simplex frequency at 5
watts. The range is probably a mile or two. This node was intended strictly
for my own use. I use a HT to talk to it while I'm at home.

In thinking of the legal (FCC) ramifications of running a node... it seems
I'm at risk. If anyone dials into the node via VoIP on either Echolink or
Allstar... they will essentially be transmitting from my node radio. I do
believe I need to be in control of the node (my station) at all times per
FCC rules. Well, obviously if I'm at work and out of range, I can't be
monitoring my node for illegal transmissions.

I can't be the first one with this question. I think denying all inbound
VoIP calls might make this somewhat more safe. I know how to deny inbound
Echolink calls via the deny statement.

But how do I deny inbound Allstar calls? Do I just make my node private?
And how does one do that? Do I just comment out the "register" statement in
iax.conf?