[App_rpt-users] Basic Allstar repeater question

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Feb 15 23:47:32 UTC 2015

Steve,

 I am not exaclty sure what you want to do but I think you want to monitor and be able to talk on two nets with  them not being connected. If you connect to two nets from on node the two nets are going to be connected and hear each other. If you want to connect to and hear and talk on both nets independently you can create another node under your server. Then connect one node to one net and the other node to the other net. Of course you would need two radios, one connected to each node to monitor and talk but it would be independent. You also could create another server and node on another computer and do the same thing.

What I often do is have several nodes on a server. One node is connected to a radio and that node is considered my primary - where I stay connected or others stay connected to me. Then I use iaxrpt and connect to one of the other nodes on the server and from that node connect to some outside node. Unfortunately you can only have one instance of iaxrpt running per computer so of you wanted to monitor many places simultaneously you would need to open an instance in another computer.

You also do not need a radio locally if you build up a console. A small amplifier and mic. connected to a FOB could be setup to do that eliminating the radio.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio