[App_rpt-users] Faster telemetry

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Feb 18 22:27:18 UTC 2015

In the past I have tried Sox to speed up Alison files and I was not happy with the results even though the pitch stayed the same. Probably not something you would want to listen to all the time. Don't wholesale change anything without making backups so you can go back.

If there are just certain nodes you consistently connect to I think you would be better off creating a Google voice custom connect message and put it in the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames directory with its node_number.ulaw   It could say anything you want. Connected to Sam, Connected to 'node number', Connected to 'some club name', etc.

Google voice is at least 30-50% faster than Alison.

You also could just turn off connect messages except for those you make -

holdofftelem=1
telemdefault=2

73 Doug
WA3DSP