[App_rpt-users] Possibility of voice control

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 14:53:54 UTC 2015

Hi, has anybody thought of voice control with AllStar? It might sound kind
of pointless, but I think it would draw more attention, and could show that
ham radio is high tech and up to date with everything else and 21st century
because a lot of phone systems use voice control and I would think there is
something for asterisk that would be attachable.

Here is an example. A speed dial contact of "Skyler" would be added to 40764

PTT ON

"kd0whb connecting link. Allison. Connect to Skyler"  (Allison Calls voice
control, this makes sure that it doesen't get called at random times)

PTT OFF

Allison announces "node 40764 connected"

I know the voice control technology is increasing every year, and I bet it
would even work with a bit of noise. And if not, just revert to the ol' DTMF

Resaons

•Voice control is becoming a part of everyday life in the 21st century

•If someone is mobile, they wouldn't have to punch in the codes unsafely

•The DTMF mic broke/ don't have one

•Someone forgot the DTMF codes

•Just another fun/cool thing that AllStar could support.

I am no programmer by any means, and I could never do anything like this. I
am just curious about the possibility of someone adding it to AllStar in
the future and how hard it would be/ what would be needed.

73
Skyler KDØWHB
--
Skyler Fennell