[App_rpt-users] Question Regarding Node Linking

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jan 6 18:22:07 UTC 2015

As mentioned there are a lot of ways to do this I prefer using external scripts.

In the rpt.conf node definition - the function definition A999 can be whatever you want but must match here and in the function definition.

startup_macro=*A999

In rpt.conf functions definitions -

A999=cmd,/etc/asterisk/local/reconnect_local

The script in /etc/asterisk/local - replace <yournode> and <nodetoconnect> with real node numbers, no <>

#! /bin/bash
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun <yournode> *3<nodetoconnect>"
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun <yournode> *3<nodetoconnect>"
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun <yournode> *3<nodetoconnect>"
etc.....

Note the script has to have executable permission.

chmod 750 reconnect_local

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio