[App_rpt-users] Autopatch type question

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Fri Jan 9 14:40:30 UTC 2015

Mike,

All you need to do is make a phone patch to the "registered" ip phone.

I know saying it that simple is not always that simple if you have never
scrubbed through the phone patch section of extensions.conf (uses stanza
of radio)

You might want to create a new autopatch command as so to set new
timeout values and mask dial tone and the like for those calls.

Here is a example in phone patch of extensions.conf.

[radio]

exten => _5XXX,1,Dial(sip/${EXTEN},17)        ;dials ext 5xxx on this
box

When you dial any 4 digit exten starting with 5, it will dial the call.
You could list each ext but this is cleaner using wildcards.

Keep your ext's grouped together by type so you can have some rules or
group rules.

You perhaps need routing for multiple boxes.
There is much to know of rules of asterisk dialing. Start here and see
where you get.
Let me know and I'll guide you through as I can...

...mike/kb8jnm