[App_rpt-users] new simplex node, can't connect in transceive mode

Elden Fenison w7ldn at w7ldn.com
Sat Jan 10 07:21:19 UTC 2015

I was just chatting with a local repeater owner and he also felt like it
was a level issue. Funny thing is, I just switched over to using simpleusb
and it now works just fine. The DTMF no longer is a problem.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about my radio and interface to know which
audio settings are correct. It's a Yaesu radio with a data port on the
back. That port is connected to a URI via a purchased cable. The volume
control does not effect the output level (I would assume the setting for
that would be "flat"). However, when I tried the two steps in the tuning
instructions that say "skip this if not set to flat" both steps failed with
errors. So I was a little lost.

I finally settled on flat rx and pre-emphasized/limited tx. It seemed to
work fine except for not interpreting the '3'.

Thanks for your response Doug.