[App_rpt-users] private nodes not connecting

Serge Bérubé ve2abc at ve2abc.com
Tue Jan 27 23:53:56 UTC 2015

HI ! ,

               I have trouble connecting private nodes across routers . We
have nodes 1003 and node 1200  , each on a different router on an intranet
linked with many Ubiquiti radios on 5 ghz band. We use WDS  on all radios ,
and the routers are Mikrotik RB-750 and Rb-2011 all updated to the latest
firmware ( 6.25) from both locations we could ping  the remote Asterisk
machine and we can SSH or WEBMIN in it, no issues ! I am using port UDP 4570
on both, I am sure about my DST rules  in routers , and my routes are
declared. So I can pass traffic  from one lan to the other with no issues. I
f I check with SSH while I try to connect from the remote node, I could see
a WARNING [2421] app_rpt.c:17811 rpt_exec; Node 1200 IP 10.204.2.7 does not
match link Ip 10.205.1.25!!     .  What it means for me is that the machine
received an answer to the connect request  with the router`s  physical L3
address of the used port instead of the address of the Asterisk remote box

Such is a router ! it packs the info with the source address of the router

Is there a location in Asterisk where we could  instruct the machine to
listen to any address ? or may be someone knows a workaround
 I worked
around 150 hours to  resolve this issue , with no success .  Help me please,
I do not sleep since many nights !

Thanks for your help, Serge VE2ABC  tech. director  aresqc.org