[App_rpt-users] Endless telemetry output with chan_echolink

Simon Kofler simko1994 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:59:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,
we are operating a bunch of Allstar/app_rpt nodes here in South Tyrol,
and they are all working perfectly!
A couple of weeks ago we decided to switch one of our old 2M echolink
nodes to app_rpt with chan_echolink.

So far so good, seems to work - but - here comes the problem: in certain
cases (I think it is when users connect via Echolink App over a relay
connection) in the asterisk cli you can see, that there are 30 and more
echolink connections being accepted by the system. And in that case, the
telemetry output starts for all these connections - so the node keeps
sending out telemetry "node x connected to node y" for about 5 minutes
or even longer.

Is there anyone having the same problem? I have no idea how to resolve
this issue

Best regards
Simon, IN3FQQ