[App_rpt-users] Endless telemetry output with chan_echolink

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Jul 17 12:43:22 UTC 2015

First of all you have to remember that Echolink is not Allstar! That is it has its problems. I run it here without any significant problems so far but it certainly could happen. If it is one station that is repeatedly trying to connect unsuccessfully and causing the problem you can deny them (or others) in the config file.

Another thing to try and also a good way to connect echolink is to have it on its own node within Allstar. That node would be defined as a pseudo node in the rxchannel line in rpt.conf.  In this way you can define things about that node that do not effect your radio nodes and also you have the ability to connect or disconnect the node and in effect connect or disconnect echolink from the rest of your nodes. Since the telemetry options are defined on a node by node basis this might work for you.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio