[App_rpt-users] Transmitter steering

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jul 20 19:54:56 UTC 2015

Hi Tom,

AllStar nor RTCM's implement this functionality, as far as I know.

Honestly, I'm not sure that this type of system would be a good fit for a
ham radio repeater system--all it would take is one mischievous Kerchunker
to greatly impair the systems operation (by "locking out" all but the site
the Kerchunker is closest to). The Kerchunker might not even realize that
Emergency Comms were in progress on a distant repeater, which they
couldn't hear.

Just being curious, what kind of repeaters are you currently running, and
how many, over how big an area?

73, David KB4FXC