[App_rpt-users] weather scripts broken

Christopher Kovacs w0anm73 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 03:03:40 UTC 2015

I am looking into another text to speech option which is local to the
BBB/Rpi2.   It's using espeak.  Not sure how well it will work out. It
works better then the old festival TTS.

I'll let you know if it's viable. in the mean time, disable the weather
script cront tab entires and use the "clearWxScripts" to clean up the
directory space.

73,  Chris

w0anm

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Christopher Kovacs <w0anm73 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Looks like google isn't playing nice anymore:
>
> *About this page*
>
> Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This
> page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a
> robot. Why did this happen?
> <http://ipv4.google.com/sorry/IndexRedirect?continue=http://translate.google.com/translate_tts%3Ftl%3Den%26q%3DThis%2Bis%2Ba%2Btest%2Bfile.&q=CGMSBEcKTbgYxtPLrQUiGQDxp4NLKRQWJLA0u6y3OLP2OELz1wYGcJU#>
>
> This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from
> your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of
> Service <http://www.google.com/policies/terms/>. The block will expire
> shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above
> CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.
>
> This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in,
> or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network
> connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using
> the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more
> <http://support.google.com/websearch/answer/86640>
>
> Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced
> terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.
> IP address: 7x.xx.xxx.184
> Time: 2015-07-25T01:52:15Z
> .
>

> This may be the end to googles text to speech access....
>

> Chris,  w0anm
>

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 8:46 PM, Christopher Kovacs <w0anm73 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> Something is going on with google text to speech.  I am looking into it.
>>  the mp3 file being returned  is failing to be converted to a wav file
>> using lame decode.
>>
>> The file contains html data and is being redirected.
>>
>> This may require changes to the core text to speech  scripts.
>>
>> More to follow...
>>

>> 73,
>>
>> Chris,
>>
>>  w0anm
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Greg <kb1ncj at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After a restart on my BBB my weather scripts broken. Tried running the
>>> config again to no avail. I get
>>>
>>> mv: cannot stat ‘/tmp/tts/audio3894.ul’: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> as the output of running the script that is in crontab manually. tmp
>>> directory has green highlight when ls is issued. Not sure what that is but
>>> it looks like the script doesn't have ability to write to tmp folder. I
>>> sent touch testfile to the directory manually with no issue. Any ideas??
>>> Thanks
>>> Greg