[App_rpt-users] CM108 fobs with potted chips.

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jul 27 21:02:21 UTC 2015

Or, if you want a large quantity, USPS priority mail is about $30 for a
4-pound box.

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015, Doug Crompton wrote:

> Great. As cheap as they are you should by 10 or more and make them available to others where you are.
> 73 Doug
> WA3DSP
> http://www.crompton.com/hamradio
>

> Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:45:08 +0300
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] CM108 fobs with potted chips.
> From: geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
> To: doug at crompton.com
> CC: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
>
> Thanks everyone. After I wrote this a friend stopped by and said she was spending August in the US. She would be willing to bring back small things if I wanted them. So I'll get a few and have them sent to her.
> Thanks and 73,
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Doug Crompton <doug at crompton.com> wrote:

Here is a link to a simple mod.  It has the same link to the FOB that Dave mentioned. These definitely are NOT potted. There is quantity pricing that brings the price down to about $2.40 shipped in quantities of 10. Perhaps someone could mail you a couple if you cannot buy where you are?

> http://crompton.com/hamradio/usb_fob_simple_modification/
>
> 73 Doug
> WA3DSP
> http://www.crompton.com/hamradio
>

> From: geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 07:34:18 +0000
> To: kb4fxc at inttek.net; app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] CM108 fobs with potted chips.
>
> Thanks. That looks exactly like the ones I have. The seller won't ship to me, I am not in the US. Is there a way to tell without buying them? TIA.

Geoff

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015, 10:14 David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net> wrote:

Hi Geoff,

No, those connections won't get you what's needed, unfortunately.

Non-potted CM108's are inexpensively available, however. Here is the one

example that I'm using: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291156304476

73, David KB4FXC

App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org

> Geoffrey Mendelson