[App_rpt-users] echolink db update problem

pete M petem001 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:46:10 UTC 2015

This morning I did what someone asked me to try to fix my echolink problem.
remove temp files and logs..
So I removed all temp files in /tmp
and backed up my logs in a directory and removed them from the /var/log/asterisk/
I then restarted the service with astres.sh
It came back ok but I got this in verbose 3
[Jun  9 07:04:33] ERROR[32132]: chan_echolink.c:2432 do_el_directory: Error in directory download on naeast.echolink.org
then looked in full log got nothing more then this..
[Jun  9 07:04:33] ERROR[32132] chan_echolink.c: Error in directory download on naeast.echolink.org
So I went to the tmp file and downloaded the only file that was there.
and it was the allstarlink node list..
so I went on and ping the naeast.echolink.org machine. cant reach it. from the allstar machine and from home..
Now If an error like that happen. do the echolink channel switch to another echolink server or it just die there?
I did an echolink dbdump and the db was all screwed.. the first part of a line was not the node number, it was a truncked location..
to fix this I had to run the astres.sh script.
So that mean that if in any of the partial db download an error happen, the db will get bad and it wont be fixed..
there must be a way to fix this..
one way that come to mind would be that if an echolink connection get rejected, the db is flush and a new full download happen..
that way if it was a corrupted db like I had the next time the user try to connect it will work, cause they always retry ;-)
I will continu on reading that source code and will try to come with a fix..