[App_rpt-users] Wiring a GM300 to a RTCM

R. Wayne allstar at controlservers.net
Sat Jun 20 05:48:20 UTC 2015

I’ll confess that I am new to this part. It was dumped on me without warning and that’s OK. Time to learn a few things. I have a GM300 that is going to be a remote base and a cable purchased from eBay that is prewired for the GM300 side. I understand (I think) that TX goes RX, RX goes to TX, GRND to GRND – but now for PTT, COR and CTCSS. I wonder if some could push me over a cliff – I mean in the right direction. I have no documentation on the RTCM.

Thanks, R. Wayne

The RTCM connections are:

DB9-Female

1 Vin (12v)
2 TX Audio
3 RX Audio
4 CTCSS
5 GND
6 GND
7 PTT
8 GND
9 GND

The GM300 cable (and radio) connections are:

Pin #

2     MIC                                          BLU
3     PTT                                           WHI-BLU
4     PROGRAMMABLE OUTPUT     BRO
5     FLAT TX AUDIO                        GRN
7     GROUND                                  WHI-GRN
8     PROGRAMMABLE I/O (COR ?)ONG
11   RECEIVE AUDIO                       WHI-ONG
14   PROGRAMMABLE I/O              WHI-BRO
15-16  Jumpered to enable internal speaker