[App_rpt-users] Use of a bridge

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 16:52:38 UTC 2015

On 02/26/2015 09:27 PM, Skyler F wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I understand this is a touchy subject, and there are a LOT of issues
> about cross linking AllStar and IRLP but I have a special case/problem
> I am trying to solve.
>
> I am net control of the Amateur Satellite which I air from a link
> system in Colorado to the East Coast IRLP reflector, which until a
> month ago had AllStar 27339. The node has been down for some reason,
> but I still *have permission *to use the IRLP reflector with AllStar
> because of special permission from dave cameron for IRLP 9050 to have
> AllStar and my net is Scheduled there. Everyone on 9050 is missing the
> net and are like "What happened to it"?
>
> Does anybody know about or have any bridges they would be willing to
> let me use for my net?

I don't understand the issue.  Can't you just access the another local
IRLP box to access channel 50 on reflector 900 during your net times,
until the issue is resolved?

If you can connect to -any other- allstar system that was linked to
27339, then you're linked to -everything- they're connected to, and so
on down the line.
The potential to grow exponentially is enormous.