[App_rpt-users] homebrew USB sound fob no RX audio

Steve Agee n5zua at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 2 15:47:36 UTC 2015

OK. So, the program is seeing the discriminator audio at a level of
25995, but not seeing the tone of 206.5 Hz. In
/etc/asterisk/usbradio.conf, do you have the following values set:
txctcssdefault=206.5    ; default tx ctcss freq, any frequency permitted
rxctcssfreqs=206.5      ; rx ctcss freqs in floating point. must be in table
txctcssfreqs=206.5      ; tx ctcss freqs, any frequency permitted
rxctcssoverride=0       ; Set to 1 or yes to start out in carrier
squelch mode

Hmm, while 206.5 is a valid tone value in my Wouxun KG-UV3D radio, it is
not one of the "standard" 38 CTCSS tones that is in most tone tables,
and I'm wondering if it is defined in the app_rpt software. Could you
try switching the radio and usbradio.conf file entries to a more common
tone, such as 203.5 Hz, that I know works? After saving the file, be
sure to execute "CLI> restart now"

N5ZUA

On 3/2/2015 9:32 AM, Skyler F wrote:
 > I keyed up my test radio which transmitted to the node radio and gave
it silence with the right PL tone set, and then I waited. I set a 206.5
tone because I wanted to make sure the baofeng didn't filter it out with
a high pass filter