[App_rpt-users] Mifi

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Sun Mar 22 14:20:45 UTC 2015

Does anyone have any experience with mifi units? I am looking at ways to
get internet at remote sites. I was looking at some prepaid units but what
I've seen the data you buy is only good for 60-90 days. I'd prefer
something like a year or no expiration. I've also read they can be a bear
with setting up a port forward. Ideally I'd want to have the allstar and
ssh ports opened up. I have also not explored adding a mifi to my current
cellular plan.

To add to this does anyone have any idea for a test how I could measure
bandwidth on one of my nodes for 30 days so I can get a real idea of how
much bandwidth we would need to actually purchase.

Thank you
Bob/N1XBM