[App_rpt-users] Squelch Tail Elimination

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 29 14:10:56 UTC 2015

On 3/29/2015 10:01 AM, R. Wayne wrote:
> But as we said we are using a RTCM.

OK that wasn't clear from your recent post, but I see that was mentioned
in a different thread.

I'm no expert on the RTCM but I thought it does do a DSP decode for
Carrier Squelch and PL Decode. If the RTCM is set up to do the DSP
decoding from discriminator audio you should be able to achieve the goal
of no squelch tails.

The setup and calibration is different for the RTCM from an ACID but
should be doable.

Perhaps someone else will correct me if I'm wrong here.

If you have the RTCM connected such that the MSF is doing all the
decoding and audio gating and sending the COR to the RTCM then you are
stuck with the way the MSF works. See my other post on how the reverse
bust of the MSF for further explanation.

Jon VA3RQ