[App_rpt-users] DMK URI COS Level / Kenwood TKR-850

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun May 10 00:39:11 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

Kevin is correct about the URI's--they can be a bit ticklish when used in
an active-low configuration; I have personally experienced these issues!
.....And, that's why I recommended a COS active-high configuration,
including a COS pull-down resistor (any convenient value from 10K to 27K
or so should be fine) to insure COS turns off.

I can post a schematic if needed, but, the COS wiring is simple: COS/TOR
output from the TKR repeater goes to pin 8 on the URI and a pull-down
resistor goes from URI pin 8 to ground.  Then, set the TKR for COS-high
signaling, and set carrierfrom=usb in the AllStar config file
(usbradio.conf or simpleusb.conf).  This combination works 100% on all
eight version 2 TKR-750/850 I've got installed currently. I fully expect
it'll work properly on version 1 hardware, too--I just haven't personally
tried it.

73, David KB4FXC