[App_rpt-users] Announce system wide status only local?

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Sun May 17 17:38:22 UTC 2015

Tim,

That may well stop local telemetry, but I believe that the question is to
stop it (the query responce) from propagating to connected systems.

I don't think there is a way to do that. It is in the IAX stream of
connected stations.

It is up to the local node owner to limit playback of what telemetry is
played on their local node from what is propagated across the connected
network. You can only set your node.

If I am wrong on this, please, someone chime in because that is my
understanding of it. And based on how I have played with it, it works that
way.

I don't know if you can query your system on a command line for connected
systems "without triggering the same". Perhaps you can. If you can, then
you have the ability to email/text that to the outside. So if you can
query on a command line without propagating the info, you might be able to
script it and give that a command for "local playback only" by just
reading the text piped output or just count how many stations are
connected (statistics) etc.

I don't run/query my nodes from a command line much, just the OS. So I am
not aware of the differences "if any".

This question has come up many times before. Not sure if anyone has had a
work around. It would seem to me that there should be a work around
because allmon can get a list without triggering list query propagation.
So that's a start.

...mike/kb8jnm