[App_rpt-users] AllStar nets

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Tue May 19 16:40:08 UTC 2015

Skyler,

While I would take the position that "nets" can be the greatest "asset"
of the allstar network, to better practice "linking with a purpose" as
well as providing great information and Q&A to hams, I have found the
following to be true.

It does take some dedicated person(s) to stay the test of time. Many a net
start-up and live 3 months to a year. It does take participation of others
or a well thought-out presentation to keep it going. Most of the time,
everyone can not just listen or your work as net control grows.

As we all know, Ham Radio participation keeps shrinking. Much because most
of the things we do now-a-days can be easily duplicated on the internet
without a license and without a major expense.

If you remember, I asked for the same info a year ago and you were the
only response I achieved and your Colorado Satellite Net was posted on the
database of "interesting nets for all consumption" at lhlinkup.com

Having listened to your net for the past year, I think you have done a
good job trying to keep it together but you might consider doing it once a
month instead of once a week. It does seem that there is not enough
material for it to be weekly and it causes a lack of interest from those
participating.

I have been contemplating a once a month tech net that perhaps we can work
together on in the future if you have an interest. Once a month gives you
time to gather speakers and info to keep it interesting and increase
participation.

Just my thoughts,

...mike/kb8jnm