[App_rpt-users] how to configure Centos ACID for wifi not hardwireafter install

Neil k8it k8it at cac.net
Tue May 26 02:28:29 UTC 2015

Well I figure if I report what I have learned someone may know an answer

Centos v5.11
WIFI Intel NIC 52657LM
here is a link to configuring it in Centos v5.11     http://linuxcommando.blogspot.com/2013/10/how-to-connect-to-wpawpa2-wifi-network.html
dev lan0 is currently not "UP"
trying to follow the instructions to bring it "UP" results in a Firmware request failure which most likely means
the driver is not present and needs to be loaded.
so I'm searching for a linux driver for this intel 52657LM NIC
anybody have one that will run under centos v5.11

thanks Neil k8it allstar node 41838 or echolink k8it-L