[App_rpt-users] USB Adapter has no EEPROM installed

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Mon Nov 2 12:47:47 UTC 2015

This is one of those situations where you'll NEVER see any supporting
proof that USBradio has inferior audio, because it's a fallacy.  You
have these people that don't know how to PROPERLY deploy full DSP and
then will go on to complain that it's inferior.

I challenge anyone to prove that USBradio has any more distortion, any
less audio bandwidth, any less dynamic range, or anything else deficient
that ISN'T A RESULT of the intent of the software.

If you people aren't doing it right, (to the point where YOU hear a
difference) don't blame the software.  Use good radios and implement the
hardware correctly, then you'll hear a difference all right, and it
won't be because you used SimpleUSB (or not).

And by now I surely hope everyone understands that this judgement is
only valid on the local repeat audio, as the transport audio can never
be as good, and is a whole other ball of wax.

Kevin Custer