[App_rpt-users] IaxRpt and Wine

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:25:45 UTC 2015

The iaxrpt software has gradually become in accessible with wine some how
over the past little bit of time i have had to experiment with it..

Here is what i have done since wine has started having issues..

I went back to windows 7 as my primary os with secondary boot to xubuntu..
inside windows i run vitualbox seemless mode with xubuntu so that way i can
still enjoy most of my linux fun..

This has solved the issues with wine which were..
Wine would lock my network traffic to iaxrpt and was unable to use firefox
or chrome web browser while using iaxrpt..

Iaxrpt would continue to run in the back ground as a zombie process and
would have to either kill it using htop or reboot the entire system to
break the zombie process..

Other issues i had with xubuntu unrelated was Bluetooth headset issues..
This i was the main cause of me throwing away my two years of enjoyment
with linux..

Here is what i did learn about running linux and windows in a vm.. Iaxrpt
doesnt work correctly and notice jitter and other issues.. Also Windows
seems to not like virtualized environments in general hope this helps.

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
Main Line:1-631-686-8878 Option 1 for Loren.
Fax Line 1:1-618-551-2755
Fax Line 2:1-631-686-8892 (New Fax line)
Cell: 618-553-0806
http://www.lorentedford.com
http://www.kc9zhv.com
http://hub.kc9zhv.com