[App_rpt-users] How concerned should I be?

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Wed Nov 18 17:48:23 UTC 2015

My personal opinion is the following....

If you are not having any issues, no concern.

Any rule of thumb has many dependents.
Hardware speed, available memory for intermittent use, how many other things that
could potentially run soaking up cpu cycles.

If your going to look at memory headroom, you need to test that with max usage.
But don't forget to test cpu usage. If you don't have enough clock ticks to process
that audio and other stuff, it will fail in some way.

The short is that I don't worry about much till it presents itself as a problem.
I plan for enough cpu and memory because I do a lot with my node.
(2.1ghz intel atom w/4gb)

Since we all seem to use different hardware, hard to have rules like that unless
you refer only to BBB or RPi2 which have the same cpu/memory.

...mike/kb8jnm