[App_rpt-users] New Official Allstar Distribution Released

Leon Zetekoff wa4zlw at backwoodswireless.net
Mon Oct 5 22:43:30 UTC 2015

If I can throw in my $0.02

from someone who has worked at a service provider doing managed services
(routers and firewalls) you want to heed NerdUno (Ward Mundy's) words to
never expose Asterisk to the internet, and especially since this is old
ASterisk. You want some sort of firewall appliance in front of it.

I personally prefer VPN tunnels coming back in but you can get crafty
and do port forwards with unknown ports to like 22 and 80 but there's
always that risk of someone catching on. Tunnels are the safest way to
get back inside. You only want to expose only the ports specifically
necessary to do the job.

73 leon wa4zlw