[App_rpt-users] Audio detection circuit to generate 'COR'

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Oct 6 15:03:47 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

Yes, I also can confirm that these modules have DIRTY transmitters and RF
synthesizers...And, their -loud- 2nd harmonics fall squarely in the busy
800MHz business/public service band. So, be careful with them, or you may
have unwanted visitors knocking at your door!!! Without proper filtering,
even with a small antenna, I'm sure their 2nd harmonic can be heard for
miles!

Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of effort into building a repeater
with these--my experience has been that they're not really usable for more
than a "back yard" repeater (meaning perhaps 1/2 coverage), due to high
synthesizer noise--you'll never get the receiver to hear very well.

As with everything, you mileage may vary--have fun and experiment! That's
what ham radio is about! The nice thing about this hardware is that it's
dirt cheap!  BTW, I'm specifically referring to the Dorji DRA818U/DRA818V
modules here, of which I've got several.

73, David KB4FXC