[App_rpt-users] Debian bare metal

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Oct 14 13:13:21 UTC 2015

Robert,
DIAL (Debian Installation (for) Allstar Link) is the release name of
what I called Bare Metal Install.
DIAL is now the official AllStar Asterisk X86 distribution. It will take
you from a bare hard drive to a ready to run node. DIAL is the framework
that I'm using to build releases for other systems.
The same scripts and sources are being used for a number of Single Board
Computers, Including ARM based boards like the Raspberry Pi the BBB and
some interesting newcomers.
Scripts are included to download configuration from the AllStar Portal
or restore from a backup. All of the features of AllStar are supported.
The distribution is built on a slightly modified Debian 8 (Jessie)
install ISO.

See <https://allstarlink.org/> and
<https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/wiki/Debian-Installation-(for)-Allstar-Link-DIAL>

73, Steve N4IRS

And yes, Mike N4IRR and I are brothers. We work together on a number of
HAM radio based projects.