[App_rpt-users] Issues still connecting after ip change

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 23:18:19 UTC 2015

How my system is setup I will only give examples for this because i like to
hide my ports however their our some ports i cant hide..

Example Modem that changes ips every 2 to 3 hrs if not more..

ports forwarded to hard coded ips inside the network example
My repeater system has to ethernet ports I use them for back up ssh
retrieval
192.168.0.81 for Eth0
192.168.0.82 for Eth1

ssh ports example
port 222 and 223

now on the router for forwarding
192.168.0.81 :222,4569,5038,5070,5198,5199,5200
192.168.0.82 :223

no-ip is installed on the repeater which forwards to a domain i setup with
no-ip.. I dont like dyn dns they seem to never work correctly especially
when setup on modems that can be reset by the cable provider..

The problem in greater detail is allmon on the web front end on the virtual
private server located at hub.kc9zhv.com or domain kc9zhv.com seems to work
however allstar for some reason does not update the changes in ip
immediately I spent 4 hrs today off the data center connection because of
the issue..

Things that i did to try and resolve the issue
restart asterisk on the repeater
reboot repeater 3 times
reboot the data center although everyone connected never had any issues.

It seems like asterisk has a backend script that updates some where the ip
and node number where it is located and in our scenario at times it can be
difficult for this system to work correctly i wanted to know how i could
hard code this to the data center so that the repeater even if it changed
ips could be pointed back to the domain i have forwarded rpt.kc9zhv.com any
thoughts ideas how i could hard code these nodes?

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
Main Line:1-631-686-8878 Option 1 for Loren.
Fax Line 1:1-618-551-2755
Fax Line 2:1-631-686-8892 (New Fax line)
Cell: 618-553-0806
http://www.lorentedford.com
http://www.kc9zhv.com
http://hub.kc9zhv.com