[App_rpt-users] Dial vs ACID

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Fri Oct 23 13:55:38 UTC 2015

Pete,
Not sure if that is a question. Yes having a backup of /etc/asterisk
will get you up right away. Yes, any custom audio files and scripts are
a good thing to backup also.
To get back online fast, just overwrite the sample files in
/etc/asterisk. Longer term, if you look at /srv/config you will find the
sample config files. I've tried to add a lot of comments and made them
easier to read.
It's really not hard to edit iax.conf, extensions.conf and rpt.conf with
your data. modules.conf is different in DIAL. I made the decision that
if you are not using a channel driver, app, feature or function, why
load them.
Take a look, it's pretty well commented.

As always, copy the files before editing. All the above applies to x86
DIAL as well as Raspberry Pi2 DIAL.

73, Steve N4IRS