[App_rpt-users] New AllStar install using DIAL - help needed

Larry da Ponte hb9eyq at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 11:28:43 UTC 2015

Hello AllStar users - I'm having poor luck getting an AllStar node on the
air.  I have a registration number, server and node set up on the web site,
and have tried ACID, DIAL, and now DIAL for RPi.  I'm using a DMK
Engineering URI USB interface cable and a Motorola mobile UHF radio that
was working fine with IRLP and Echolink.  The problem I'm having with DIAL
is that there are no configuration scripts that line up with the
documentation that people have written for setting up a new AllStar node.
I have what I think are a correctly setup set of asterisk scripts but my
node will not show up on the http://stats.allstarlink.org/ on-line nodes
page.  My node # is 42372.  I'm in the CET time zone here in northern
Switzerland - is there anyone who would be willing to kill an hour or two
with me over Skype to troubleshoot the issue?  I have two computers that I
could use - one is a fanless brick based on an intel mobile processor and
the other is an RPi 2 - I don't really care which one we get going.  I have
some experience with IRLP and Echolink and have written some custom batch
scripts to enhance the nodes so no my way somewhat around Linux.  Thanks

73
Larry
HB9EYQ