[App_rpt-users] DIAL for Pi B?

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Oct 28 10:18:35 UTC 2015

Kyle,
Yes, the RPI1 can run a version of DIAL. We actually built DIAL on it
first. After the RPi2 came out, we moved development over the the RPi2.
The RPi1 does not work "well" with the USB port. Using as a hub or to
support SIP devices is quite possible. The existing RPi2 DIAL image will
not boot on a RPi1. I don't know if it would be a official distribution
hosted by AllStarLink. I have 2 hardware platforms in the queue before I
circle around back to RPi1. The scripts and patches I use to build DIAL
are available on <https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar> if you want to work
with it.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 10/28/2015 12:40 AM, K Yoksh wrote:

> Not sure if this has been asked already...
>
> Will the DIAL distro work on a Pi B? I am happily running it on a PC
> and also on a Pi2...
>
> I have a Pi B sitting here that I'd like to try running some SIP
> phones on, maybe a hub node?
>
> The CPU usage under Debian seems much lower, maybe the Pi B can be
> useful too?
>
> Thanks. 73
>
> Kyle
> K0KN

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic