[App_rpt-users] AMBE question

Mike Zingman mike.zingman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:51:58 UTC 2015

Last comment on this since it is off topic for this group (but I would love
to continue it on a side channel).

When we played with this type of thing we used the DV3000 and a custom
version of the DSD code.  I grabbed audio off of the discriminator of the
radio (or from an RTL dongle), piped it into DSD, took the AMBE frames from
the decoder and fed them to the DV3000.  PCM was then fed to Allstar
through the USRP channel driver.  This gave me DMR and DStar (P25 P2 was
never tested) decode directly into a test system from the RF side.  Today,
I would use MMDVM rather then DSD as it implements a much better radio
interface and digital path.

Mike