[App_rpt-users] mikrotik and Allstar registration problem

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 02:55:20 UTC 2015

Posting this again because the list didn't take my attachment. If you want
to see the screenshot contact me off list.

In the mean time here's the command line way to do it:

ip firewall nat

add action=masquerade chain=srcnat comment="HairPin NAT"
out-interface=ether1-WAN src-address=192.168.1.0/24

add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat comment="Asterisk AIX" dst-port=4569
in-interface=ether1-WAN protocol=udp to-addresses=\
    192.168.1.6 to-ports=4569

---------
There is a little thing to know about MikroTik routers and AllStar
registration. It took me a long time to sort this out and I almost gave up
on MikroTik. But don't despair they are really good routers.

You have to have both the out-interface and the in-interface set properly
on the masquerade rule. If you forget the out interface the AllStar
registration packets go to all interfaces. That really confuses Asterisk if
you have AllStar on more then one interface.

Tim