[App_rpt-users] text to speech /google_tts

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Sep 6 02:12:56 UTC 2015

The current configuration of Google text to speech is NO longer functional on the hamvoip.org RPi2 or BBB versions. Google has changed their terms of service and they are no longer allowing unlimited access to the site. There is a work around but access will still be limited. We will not support Google TTS for weather scripts in the future. We are woking on an alternative tts. All this was discussed at length on the arm-allstar list which you should be part of f you are using BBB or RPi2 from hamvoip.org. Questions should be asked there.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio