[App_rpt-users] Android IAX client for AllStar

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Sep 22 01:02:29 UTC 2015

New version to test:

Add connected node to number status screen.
Mute transmitted audio while PTT not asserted.
(This will work with nodes setup for VOX)
Added exit to option menu.
Slight change to keypad. Added keys A B C D.
Version 1.6

We have built a early beta version of a Android IAXRPT Client.
This is a simple Android app that will connect with a AllStar Asterisk node.
Think IAXRPT for Android. It has a PTT button!

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ey9u0tvtdedgh4/AndroVoIP.apk?dl=0>

This is a early build. There are a lot of feature to add and I'm sure bugs.
The client only supports ulaw at this time.

For backspace use the virtual keyboard. Press Send to send commands and
node numbers.

There is only one account supported.
To create an account, tap the Account button,
Tap IAX2 No Account defined to open the account dialog.
Hostname: FQDN or IP address of the server.
Port: UDP default is 4569
Username: matching iax.conf stanza
Password: matching iax.conf stanza
CallerID: this can be displayed in Allmon and the AllStar node status page.
Caller Number: not used yet.
Save: Press to save account information.
Press back button to go to main screen.
Enter node number and press send.
PTT bar will be white while connected to node red whie transmitting.

See<https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/blob/master/configs/iax.conf>  for
iaxclient stanza
See
<https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/blob/master/configs/extensions.conf>
for iax-client stanza

Feel free to download and try out. Please report bugs and feature to me.

I will also be happy to answer questions here on the list.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic