[App_rpt-users] Allstar node

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Tue Sep 22 16:37:35 UTC 2015

Yes its possible to do this but it depends on the radio you plan to use.
I am not familiar with the BF888. If the radio has access to
discriminator RX audio and direct modulation inputs then it can be used
to do allstar and dstar.

You would need to get an allstar node working first, then add some
hardware to multiplex the allstar analog audio and Dsar audio to and
from the radio.

I would research you radios before all of that. If you radio doesn't
have the hardware to what you want the rest would be wasting you time.

the BF888 looks like a portable radio an may not have access to the port
you need. I would suggest a mobile radio that has a packed port built
in. all the signals you will need are usually there.

VA3RQ