[App_rpt-users] AllStar Node / repeater radios

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Thu Sep 24 14:28:36 UTC 2015

This should be on the freestar reflector I think (re: “dstarrepeaterd” program – the “sound card” DSTAR modem)

I found that the low-pass filtering in the URI limits the frequency response so that it does not reproduce the baseband signal with enough fidelity to work on DSTAR GMSK.  The result is a lot of errors on the DSTAR side.  As posted many times on the other reflector, the absolute cheapest sound fob with no filtering seems to work best (but make sure your transmitter has at least some filtering).

Having said that, as an experiment, I changed the relevant surface-mount capacitors in one channel, of one of my URIs, and it worked fine on DSTAR.

Regards

Ken

KE2N