[App_rpt-users] AllStar Node / repeater radios

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 24 15:02:26 UTC 2015

Tait T800 RF modules are excellent radios for use on Dstar and Allstar
as they have no DSP audio processing. Flat modulation and discriminator
are easily available on these units.

Tait probably wont touch anything WB nowadays because of the FCC rules
mandating narrow banding on VHF and UHF. they simply don't want the
liability of some customer has an old wide band radio and uses it on
commercial frequencies.

Even though there is exemptions for part 97 Amateur radio. They just
don't want the hassle.

Jon VA3RQ