[App_rpt-users] Interfacing Radios (Vertex)

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Sep 28 19:28:06 UTC 2015

Steve,
I've use a VX-2000 as a node radio. I don't know how close they are, lets hope close.
If I remember, the Discriminator can be brought out to the DB-9 by moving a zero ohm resistor on the board.
You will have to get a copy of the service manual to verify. I also remember using AF Mute as the COS / CTCSS signal. If you program the radio as CTCSS, AF Mute should track this.
No info on the VRX-9000, sorry.

Hope this helps.
73, Steve N4IRS

--