[App_rpt-users] FreeDV over AllStar?

A Chris Curtis demoman at rollanet.org
Wed Sep 30 00:50:53 UTC 2015

as you're finding out, it is WAY easy to confuse:
freedv
dstar
freestar

i'll talk about freedv
freedv over fm would be just like psk31 over fm.  no good reason other than
to try and see what it's like.
freedv via ssb is nice and narrow so using it via fm either 5 or 2.5
deviation wouldn't "bring anything to the table".

as for bridging, think how freedv works as intended, then swap out the
headphones/mic for a usb dongle on your allstar server on its own node that
is connected to a "normal" node.

freestar bridged to allstar.

good luck
kb0wlf