[App_rpt-users] think I asked wrong..

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Sep 30 13:45:31 UTC 2015

Until proven otherwise (meaning: you've clearly identified someone
interfering), don't rule out spurious intermod and/or other dirty nearby
transmitters. I've had this exact scenario several times and found some
surprising causes---like a trucker with a very dirty and loud CB radio that
was briefly keying a Kenwood TKR-850 (UHF!!!) even with receive PL tone
enabled! This would happen for several minutes at a time, while he drove
thru the area!

As for logging transmission info, in the repeater stanza in
/etc/asterisk/rpt.conf, try setting the parameter:

archivedir=<directory path to save files>

Then, you'll have a good quality audio and telemetry log of what's going
on. Note that on my systems, I've made a new directory using (from the
command prompt):

mkdir /var/snd
chmod 1777 /var/snd

Then, in rpt.conf I've got:

archivedir=/var/snd

Good luck chasing the interference. Persistence pays off.

73, David KB4FXC